Emotion Ontology

From: John Flynn <jflynn@bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:48:41 -0400
To: <public-xg-emotion@w3.org>

Attached is a graphical representation of a very preliminary concept for an
emotion ontology. The emotion ontology is written using the Web Ontology
Language, OWL. I have arbitrarily used emotion concepts found via web
searches, so there is no attempt here to state these concepts are valid. The
draft ontology only applies emotions to the class People, but that could be
easily changed to broaden the application of emotions to the class Things,
so that they apply to everything. My goal is to get expert opinion on the
"correct" emotion concepts to use and to modify the draft ontology
accordingly. I have a specific project underway that will use the resulting
ontology, but it is desirable to make it as broadly usable as possible.

If the jpeg attachment doesn't go through the ontology can also be found at:
http://mysite.verizon.net/jflynn12/COPE-Ont.jpg

Thanks,

John Flynn

Emotion-Ont.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Emotion-Ont.jpg)