[EMOXG] suggested preliminary examples of emotion ML

From: Burkhardt, Felix <Felix.Burkhardt@t-systems.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:50:59 +0200
To: <public-xg-emotion@w3.org>

Hi all,
I had an Action to think of suggestions of some premliminary example sketches of the emotion ML we try to create.
Here we go, I concentrated on the parts 1 and 2 of requirements [1] that I think will probably be specified and neglected parts 3 and 4 that should be specified elsewhere in my opinion, e.g. specification of people's background.

First example suggestions in xml format of a future Emotion Markup Languages inspired by the EARL draft [2] and refering to sections of the EmotionXG requirements wiki [1].
Note that it is not decided which parts will be specified and which parts are mere suggestions (e.g. lists of category names).
"ers" is an shortcut for "emotion related state"

Relation to [1]:
1. Emotion 'Core'
1.1. Type of emotion-related phenomenon
1.2. Emotion category/type/word
1.3. Emotion dimensions

<ers type="mood" category="depressed" activation="-0.4" />

Relation to [1]:
1.6. Emotion intensity
1.5. Multiple and/or complex emotions
1.7. Regulation

 <ers state="external" type="emotion" category="joy"/>
 <ers state="internal" type="mood" category="depressed" activation="-0.4" />

Relation to [1]:
2.2. Confidence / probability
2.3. Modality

<ers category="anger" prob="0.2" mode="voice"/>

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/wiki/UseCasesRequirements
[2] http://emotion-research.net/earl/spec

Felix Burkhardt

T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH
Project & Design, Business Unit Telco
Line of Business Products & Services

PU4, Innovative Communication
Services&Access Solutions
Goslarer Ufer 35, 10589 Berlin
Telefon: +49 30 3497 2218
Telefax: +49 30 3497 2991
mobil: 0151 16710189
E-Mail: felix.burkhardt@t-systems.com
Internet: <http://www.t-systems.com>

T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH
Aufsichtsrat: René Obermann (Vorsitzender)
Executive Committee: Lothar Pauly (Vorsitzender)*, Helmut Binder, Albert Henn, Olaf Heyden*, Katrin Horstmann, Ulrich Kemp, Axel Knobe*,
Wilfried Peters*, Dr. Herbert Schaaff*, Zvezdana Seeger*
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE87523644
*Geschäftsführer gem. § 35 GmbHG