[EMOXG] Introductions

From: Hannes Pirker <hannes@ofai.at>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:28:37 +0200 (CEST)
To: public-xg-emotion@w3.org

Dear all

better late than never...

Name: Hannes Pirker
Affiliation: Austrian Research Institute for AI (OFAI), http://www.ofai.at
Homepage: http://www.ofai.at/~hannes.pirker

Short self-description:

I am a Computational Linguist and I have been working in the field of
speech synthesis, mainly on prosody modelling in
Concept-to-Speech-systems, to a small degree also on emotional speech
synthesis. I also have been concerned with embodied conversational agents
(ECAs). In this context I am mainly interested in the relationship of
speech and accompanying conversational gestures and in the development of
XML-representation languages for specifying ECA behaviors.

Being a member of the HUMAINE Network of Excellence I have been working
with Marc and Miriam on the specification of the first version of
HUMAINE's Emotion Annotation and Representation Language (EARL).
Currently I am working on the multimodal analysis (i.e. on feature
extraction from videos and speech) of a corpus of acted emotions.

looking forward exiting  discussions ;-)

Hannes
--
Hannes Pirker  -- Austrian Research Inst. for Artificial Intelligence     --
hannes(DOT)pirker~AT~ofai.at +43/1/532 4621-3  www.ofai.at/~hannes.pirker --