From: Hemant Purohit
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 12:52 PM
To: paoladimaio10@googlemail.com
Cc: public-xg-eiif
Subject: Re: Ontology for Emergency Response management

Hi all,
Following up the search, I just wanted to update you about HXL- Humanitarian Exchange Language project: https://sites.google.com/site/hxlproject/ which seemed promising to my use-case.
Also, I meant 'sensemaking' as better coordination of emergency response organizations, thanks to Jay for pointing out.

Best,
Hemant

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Hemant Purohit <hemant@knoesis.org> wrote:

  Thanks Paola.
  That is what I was worrying that the information exchange framework was proposed but left to users to extend for specific use-case implementation and so, I was on look out if anyone attempted to start making ontology using that. We are working on a NSF funded project on organizational sensemaking during emergency response (http://knoesis.org/research/semsoc/projects/socs). Therefore, our interest lies in the model for coordination aspect between actors of emergency response phase. I am planning now to build upon the framework you guys recommended, so I shall get back to you for further questions. :)

  I really appreciate your response.
  Best,
  Hemant