Re: Framework Report (28 Apr 09)

Chamindra -

The OGC has developed, in concert with the EM community, numerous emergency
management use cases and scenarios. These scenarios are often used as the
basis for interoperability demonstrations of OGC and related standards (such
as CAP). Information and the various scenarios and related demonstrations
can be found on the OGC web site. Over the years, we have developed the
following use cases/scenarios:

1. Cross border (US-Canada) response and alerting for release of chlorine
gas from a mobile truck. Done with City of Detroit, Windsor, and multiple
state and provincial agencies.
2. Wildfire tracking, response, and alerting scenario. Done with various
state, Federal, and local agencies. Used California wildfires as the basis.
3. Dirty bomb in a container at port scenario. Alert, response, logistics,
health response, field hospital. Done with NYC, various port authorities,
and the GUARD program.

I can get detailed scenarios for these and others if you are interested.

As to alerting systems, the OGC membership, especially in Europe, are doing
major monitoring and alerting application deployments (tsunami, landslide,
water, debris flow, etc). Much of this work is tied to the European programs
GMES, SANY, ORCHESTRA and ultimately to INSPIRE.

Regards

Carl