Re: Something on standard definitions for our EIIF work

 Chamindra ,

I can understand the need for quick progress and your list of actions
provides a good list of modular priorities.  Since I was the one to raise
the issue of data services, here is a very quick blurb that might serve as a
starting point on the idea.

Recent work to better support interoperability leverages web services and
the services-oriented architecture (SOA) paradigm. SOA provides mechanism to
access data in databases and other file formats and make them available as
WS-* style Web services or as a set of REST style Web resources. This is
enabled by explicit descriptions of service interfaces. The resulting
service-enabling of data, called a data services layer, provides access to
data in diverse sources and widely needed functions such as a standard
search service. Within the geospatial realm standard for data and portrayal
services include those of OGC Web Map (WMS) , Feature Service (WFS) and OGC
Web Coverage Service (WCS) as well as a service for Gazetteers.

 Gary Berg-Cross,Ph.D.
gbergcross@gmail.com
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GaryBergCross
SOCoP Executive Secretary