Re: Welcome!

From: Kristin Hoskin <kh@kestrel.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:44:25 +1300
To: public-xg-eiif <public-xg-eiif@w3.org>

As with Gavin I apologise for my late hello. I am a little snowed
under at the moment and will be keeping a low profile until the end of
next week but after that I promise to be more vocal but for now here
is my quick intro:

My name is  Kristin and I work for Kestrel Group in New Zealand. I
work with a range of organisations as a consultant in Emergency
Management and also head risk management projects for New Zealand's
largest engineering think-tank, CAENZ, where my current main focus is
natural hazard management and land use planning interfaces.

In addition to those paid activities I am a Branch Councillor for the
NZ Branch of the Institution of Fire Engineers, heavily involved in a
number of committees for the International Association of Emergency
Managers (I'm also VP for the Oceania Region) and am a member of a
number of other risk and emergency management related organisations.

One of my strong interests is in risk communication a field I've been
heavily involved in for about 3 years. My particular interests lie in
inter-organisational co-operative engagement for risk, crisis,
business continuity and emergency management and public consultation
of hazard issues. My interest in risk communication is the primary
reason I am interested in W3C EIIF both by contributing and learning
from others.

Cheers all

Kristin

--