Re: EIIF draft needs unified person

If that's the case, then why aren't we starting with a high-level
'entity' that then can be classed as a person or an animal?

 From an EM perspective, domestic and farm animals often require
significant support and management during a disaster. They have
similar welfare needs to humans - shelter, food, water, medical
attention via vets, association/ownership etc. As they have similar
welfare needs, a similar approach may be applied by emergency managers
to manage animal welfare needs as those managing human welfare needs.

Property on the other hand, does not share this level of similarity to
people, in that information about property has more relevance to
physical damage, economic loss etc. That says to me that animals are
inherently different to property, even though they are at times
treated as such. I think this is because they are a living entity
rather than an inanimate object, and that they have biological needs
similar to humans.

To me this suggests that animal's needs to be supported by the same
root construct as people - particularly needs, medical and association
for starters.

Cheers Gav