RE: Web Audio API is now available in Chrome

From: Tom White \(MMA\) <lists@midi.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 11:14:44 -0800
To: <public-xg-audio@w3.org>
So, for those who are interested in standards...
Are the "Web Audio API" and the "Audio Data API" the same?
And if not, how are they different?
Or doesn't it matter?

- TW

  _____

Yes Olli, this is a good point. More information and examples on the Audio
Data API (the cross-platform Firefox4 audio implementation) can be found
here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Audio_Data_API

 <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Audio_Data_API> In case this is not clear to
anybody, the Audio Group are currently in Incubation mode at the W3C, and
all the specs to this point are, by nature: "suggestions". I am excited that
we have browser developers so far ahead in implementing their ideas already,
this puts us in a great strategic position for the future, as we can already
begin to identify what works, how people will use the API, and so on.

I am looking forward to seeing the Webkit API land cross-platform, as it
will allow for greater community based research/feedback that can be
utilized in the coming Audio Working Group / official Audio Spec. of the
future.

I would be particularly interested to talk to those in the wider proximity
of the group, who would be interested in working with both existing vendor
implementations/specs to write reviews/guides or simply collect their
thoughts on the work thus far. If that sounds like you, please get in touch.

-- Al

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>