From: "Chris Rogers" <crogers@google.com>
To: <public-xg-audio@w3.org>
Subject: Web Audio API is now available in Chrome
Date: Tue, Feb 1, 2011 2:03 am
Hi Everybody,
I'd like to announce that Google Chrome now supports the Web Audio API.  For now, it needs to be enabled in "about:flags" and runs on Mac OS X (Windows and Linux are nearly ready!).  I've updated the demo page with a link to the binary:

http://chromium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/audio/index.html
In addition to the downloadable binary I've provided, the code has made its way into the Chrome 10 release branch, and will be available in the Chrome developer channel (updated weekly).

As a side note, the Apple Safari binary is built from the same audio engine code in WebKit.  Not surprisingly, the experience in both the browsers is very similar when using the audio API.  But I'm interested in any browser-specific bugs which people find.

Here are some of the next things I plan to do:* Work on the final Windows and Linux porting work for Google Chrome* Take a vacation!* Develop comprehensive layout tests for the Web Audio API in WebKit.  This will result in a more stable and robust implementation, and can help the standardization process move further along.

Cheers,Chris