Draft Charter for Audio Working Group

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 03:19:25 -0500
To: public-xg-audio@w3.org
CC: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>
Hi, folks-

Here is my rough first pass at a charter for the proposed Audio WG.
Please review it, let me know what I should add or take out or fix.
This is public, so feel free to share it around.

   http://www.w3.org/2010/12/audio-wg-charter.html

I drew liberally from the Audio XG charter, and some of it may not be as
appropriate for the Audio WG, but I thought much of it was still relevant.

I would really like this incubator group to help produce a report on
some use cases and requirements, to help clarify our goals in designing
an audio API, if possible.

(Note that for this initial charter period, the proposed Audio WG would
deliver only an audio API, not any of the other things that might also
useful later, such as music markup.)

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs