Re: Comments on the Web Audio API proposal

Dear Silvia,

Sorry for coming late to this discussion.  I do think that having a
Linear Algebra library in JavaScript would be really helpful for some
of the DSP work.  As Chris Rogers said it would probably not be
sufficient since many DSP processes deal with a state and therefore
cannot be easily expressed in linalg operations.  But on the other
hand, for most of the audio analysis work that we are doing here at my
lab we are using the Eigen (http://eigen.tuxfamily.org) library and
this simplifies things significantly, since a big part of the
optimization is done in Eigen already.

I don't know if there is any working group or incubator dealing with
this topic.  Maybe someone else in the list knows.

ricard

--
ricard
http://twitter.com/ricardmp