Re: Minutes for April 21 Backplane telecon

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:28:32 +0200
Cc: public-xg-app-backplane <public-xg-app-backplane@w3.org>
To: Charles F Wiecha <wiecha@us.ibm.com>

On 27 apr 2009, at 01:58, Charles F Wiecha wrote:

> Hi Jack -- sounds like the "strawman" implementation is the way to
> go...frankly, we'll get 80% or more of the benefits from just being
> able to show *how* SMIL is integrated with other technologies -- and
> the details of the level of functionality will (and should be)
> secondary at this point.

Ok. My initial idea was to dispoose of the strawman at this point in
the process and start on the real thing, but then maybe I should add a
woodman stage too, where we modify the strawman enough to fit your bill.

First thing to do then is to put it on top of the current state of
things in the Ubiquity-xforms world. My current code runs only on a
heavily hacked up version of Ubiquity of 3 months or so ago.

Which Ubiquity version are you targeting? And: undoubtedly I'm going
to need to make some mods to it, what would be the best way to do those?
Goldman