Re: Minutes for April 21 Backplane telecon

Hi Jack -- sounds like the "strawman" implementation is the way to
go...frankly, we'll get 80% or more of the benefits from just being able to
show *how* SMIL is integrated with other technologies -- and the details of
the level of functionality will (and should be) secondary at this point.

So I'd say if you're able to execute simple sequences, dispatch some events
outside of the SMIL markup to control other elements on the page (perhaps
using the XForms dispatch action), and maybe do some simple conditionality
to select the right path inside SMIL then we're probably about there...

Note that I don't yet have a very specific use case in mind so if you do,
please let us know...and if you think the above is do-able in a reasonable
amount of work I do think it would add very appreciably to the story we can
tell...

What do others think???

Thanks, Charlie

Charles Wiecha
Manager, Multichannel Web Interaction
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
P.O. Box 704
Yorktown Heights, N.Y.  10598
Phone: (914) 784-6180, T/L 863-6180, Cell: (914) 320-2614
wiecha@us.ibm.com