Re: SMIL not loading on Mac

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:29:05 +0200
Cc: public-xg-app-backplane@w3.org
To: Charles F Wiecha <wiecha@us.ibm.com>

On 24-Jun-2008, at 23:51 , Charles F Wiecha wrote:

> Jack -- I've tried downloading the SMIL plugin for Safari and it
> seems to
> be recognized by the browser (at least it appears in the list of
> plug-ins
> off the help page).  However, when trying to run the Amsterdam
> example the
> plug-in does not in fact load/run correctly.
>
> I'm using Safari on OS-X 10.5.1...is this a supported configuration???

Yes, that's the configuration that should work. But, as I said: this
page is known to work on my machine.... Biggest chance is the linker
picked up some dynamic library that's only installed on my machine or
some such.

I will investigate, and let the list know once I have a bit more
confidence.

In the mean time: Charlie, if you still have everything installed
(i.e. don't go out of your way to test this) the debug output would
help me a lot. If you fire up /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/
Safari from the command line, then visit the no budget bike tour there
should be heaps of output in the Terminal window. If you could mail me
that output it would help a lot.
Goldman