Re: SMIL not loading on Mac

Jack -- here's the typescript output...Charlie

Last login: Wed Jun 25 13:05:01 on ttys000
/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari ; exit;
Macintosh-5:~ wiecha$ /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari ;
exit;
2008-06-25 13:18:31.827 Safari[48471:10b] *** CFMessagePort:
bootstrap_register(): failed 1100 (0x44c) 'Permission denied', port =
0x7b03, name = 'com.apple.Safari.ServiceProvider'
See /usr/include/servers/bootstrap_defs.h for the error codes.
2008-06-25 13:19:30.387 Safari[48471:10b] Error loading /Library/Internet
Plug-Ins/AmbulantWebKitPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/AmbulantWebKitPlugin:
dlopen(/Library/Internet
Plug-Ins/AmbulantWebKitPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/AmbulantWebKitPlugin,
265): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Library/Internet
Plug-Ins/AmbulantWebKitPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/AmbulantWebKitPlugin
  Reason: image not found

Charles Wiecha
Manager, Multichannel Web Interaction
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
P.O. Box 704
Yorktown Heights, N.Y.  10598
Phone: (914) 784-6180, T/L 863-6180, Cell: (914) 320-2614
wiecha@us.ibm.com.

         Re: SMIL not loading on Mac

         Jack Jansen
                    to:
                      Charles F Wiecha
                                                                06/25/08 04:31 AM

         Sent by:
               public-xg-app-backplane-request@w3.org
         Cc:
               public-xg-app-backplane

On 24-Jun-2008, at 23:51 , Charles F Wiecha wrote:

> Jack -- I've tried downloading the SMIL plugin for Safari and it
> seems to
> be recognized by the browser (at least it appears in the list of
> plug-ins
> off the help page).  However, when trying to run the Amsterdam
> example the
> plug-in does not in fact load/run correctly.
>
> I'm using Safari on OS-X 10.5.1...is this a supported configuration???

Yes, that's the configuration that should work. But, as I said: this
page is known to work on my machine.... Biggest chance is the linker
picked up some dynamic library that's only installed on my machine or
some such.

I will investigate, and let the list know once I have a bit more
confidence.

In the mean time: Charlie, if you still have everything installed
(i.e. don't go out of your way to test this) the debug output would
help me a lot. If you fire up /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/
Safari from the command line, then visit the no budget bike tour there
should be heaps of output in the Terminal window. If you could mail me
that output it would help a lot.
--
Jack Jansen, <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack:
Goldman