Backplane Agenda for Tuesday, June 3

From: Charles F Wiecha <wiecha@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:00:33 -0400
To: public-xg-app-backplane@w3.org

Regrets so far: None
Start Time: 11:00am Eastern US
Duration: 60 minutes

Previous minutes: http://www.w3.org/2008/05/30-backplane-minutes.html

Rich Web Application Backplane
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 7922 ("RWAB")
The Zakim bridge numbers are +1.617.761.6200, + and

In addition, we'll be using the W3C IRC server, channel "#backplane".
on accessing the W3C IRC server can be found at

Selection of today's Scribe

Upcoming weekly telecons confirmed for 11:00 Eastern, Zakim code RWAB
Wiki request submitted, likely to be at
Possible reset of Charter start/end dates:

Status of ubiquity-xforms project at Google code:

Continue discussion of planning for our work, in the following (or other)
Please come with ideas/suggestions for examples you'd like to pursue!

1. Submission: data serialisation, submission, and error-handling.

2. Model: data and state representation.

3. Eventing: generating, catching and dealing with events

4. Intent-based events: separating user actions from particular hardware

5. Access: specifying bindings to input methods

6. Navigation: consistent navigation through compound documents

Priorities and milestones for next few months

Discussion of how to engage the AJAX community in what we're doing
-- which frameworks to show Backplane integration
-- how to socialize outside of W3C

Discussion of which W3C WG's to engage and how
-- original founding members were from Forms, XHTML2, VBWG, SYMM, also
interest from MMI
-- others? subset?

[[Magic for irc channel:

/invite zakim
zakim, this will be rwab
/invite rrsagent
rrsagent, make log public

Meeting: Backplane XG Teleconference
Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...>
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
ACTION: <someone> to <something>

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/:

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing)

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

Charles Wiecha
Manager, Multichannel Web Interaction
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
P.O. Box 704
Yorktown Heights, N.Y.  10598
Phone: (914) 784-6180, T/L 863-6180, Cell: (914) 320-2614