Re: On the Expressive Power of Declarative Constructs in Interactive Document Scripts

The word 'model' in XForms refers back to the model-view-controller (MVC)
paradigm that originally appeared in Smalltalk. However, in XForms the
idea is somewhat more generalised: in MVC the relationship between model
and view is one-way (from the model to the view) and the controller is
responsible for the flow in the other direction. In XForms the
relationship is two-way, with constraints and invariants achieving much of
what the controller would have been needed for, although Events and
Actions allow you to add your own effects where they are not supplied
automatically by the system.

In retrospect, the word Form might have been a good choice instead of
Model, in the sense of Form and Content.

Steven