ACTION-441: Dependencies and external reviews during last call

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 18:10:13 +0200
To: Mary Ellen Zurko <mzurko@us.ibm.com>
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org

I'd propose that we ask the following groups for Last Call review
(and, consequently, give them a heads up as we start the Last Call):

- Web Application Formats and Web API (or a merged Web Applicaitons
  WG), and th HTML WG for any requirements that we have about APIs.

- WAI, for review of the user interaction scenarios.  (From our past
  interactions, I suspect that Al Gilman will be the person to ping).

In terms of external groups, I suggest that we solicit feed-back
from the following:

- The IETF PKIX Working Group.  I understand that Stephen is an
  editor of their latest output, so I'd hope that he might be able
  to help liaise with them.
  http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pkix-charter.html

- The IETF TLS Working Group.
  http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/tls-charter.html

(I understand that IETF WGs don't formally do reviews, but they
might be a good forum to solicit individual reviewers from.)

Our charter also lists the OASIS Security Services TC and Web
Services Security TCs.  I don't remember why we added these to the
charter, but suspect, Mez, that you might know.  We certainly can
solicit review from these groups (or their successors).  Same goes
for Liberty.

In terms of dependencies, I don't know that our spec normatively
depends on any document from another group that's currently
progressing (except, maybe, for PKIXbis, which should be a simple
update of a normative reference as far as we're concerned); I also
don't know of any groups that currently normatively reference our
specification.  So I don't think there's anything beyond review that
we'd need to do about dependencies in our case.

Regards,