Re: ACTION-334: Propose language on Bookmarks API

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 09:32:00 +0100
To: Anil Saldhana <Anil.Saldhana@redhat.com>
Cc: "public-wsc-wg@w3.org" <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>

On 2008-01-25 22:21:40 -0600, Anil Saldhana wrote:
> Issue 95

That would be ISSUE-95, so that tracker recognizes it.

> The text will go under Section 8.3 of http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/

> * Web user agents MUST NOT expose programmatic interfaces that allow
> bookmarking without displaying a dialog box for user consent.
> * Web user agents MUST NOT expose programmatic interfaces that allow
> bookmarking an URL that does not match the URL in the location bar.

I wonder, along the theme of ISSUE-137 (Require Identity Signal
whenever URLs are displayed?), whether we'd want to say more about
what should or should not be displayed in this interaction?

Also, I think "dialog box" needs to be abstracted a bit further.