Re: Form editor question

Hey Stephen,

Totally irrelevant to the standards discussion, and purely as a Fun
Friday Firefox Fact: if you ever want to delete a particular form-
filler entry in Firefox, when the item is selected in the drop down,
just hit shift-delete.  That should go for form items in general and
logins in particular.  And yes, it's terribly undiscoverable.  But
it's there!

On 18-Jan-08, at 5:54 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> Not sure if this is anywhere in scope, but just noticed it again
> so maybe worth asking.
>
> Most form editors don't seem to allow for selective deletions of
> stuff remembered (or I don't know how to find that). For example,
> the 1st time I used an issue tracker (for an IETF thing) I
> mistyped my name, so now I always have to pick between the
> correct and incorrect spelling when logging in. Apparently
> the only option to get rid of the bad spelling is to nuke
> all the stored stuff which isn't good.
>
> Bit OT I guess, but could be a privacy issue, if an employee
> had entered some search terms she didn't want her employer
> to see I suppose.
>
> So I guess my question is should we have a sentence somewhere
> like "Users SHOULD be able to manage individual items of
> data stored by form fillers and similar, e.g. being able to
> delete individual entries rather than entire lists."
>
> S.

---
Johnathan Nightingale
Human Shield