ISSUE-166: Consider dropping section 5.2 in favour of "standard" matching algo, if appropriate.

From: Web Security Context Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:35:52 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-166: Consider dropping section 5.2 in favour of "standard" matching algo, if appropriate.

http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/issues/

Raised by: Johnathan Nightingale
On product:

Review Comment: I'm not sure why we think this is appropriate work for us to do, versus leaving to groups more directly focused on cryptography.  At very least, it doesn't seem normative, and doesn't contain obviously prescriptive text.

This has been discussed on calls, but I'm not sure we reached a resolution here.