Re: First cut at usability evaluation of recommendations

From: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:30:23 -0400
Cc: W3 Work Group <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
To: "Maritza Johnson <maritzaj" <maritzaj@cs.columbia.edu>
Thanks. The assignments are so interesting. Did you draw straws? :-)

"if we were to test this, what are the conditions we might consider "

One thing I'd like you all to consider now - what baseline we're testing
against. I'd very much like to see a baseline where we can all agree that
in theory that if some proposed recommendation is "better than" the
baseline, we should seriously consider supporting it as a group. The
mapping may actually be providing that for some or all proposed
recommendations. Which would be a great starting point.

          Mez

Mary Ellen Zurko, STSM, IBM Lotus CTO Office       (t/l 333-6389)
Lotus/WPLC Security Strategy and Patent Innovation Architect

First cut at usability evaluation of recommendations

Maritza Johnson
to:
Serge Egelman, Rachna Dhamija
07/10/2007 10:39 PM

Sent by:
public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
Cc:
W3 Work Group

This is the next step for ACTION-237 -- Driving the process of mapping
SharedBookmarks content to recommendations ...

The break down of which recommendations we're each looking at can be found
in the wiki. As well as a few notes on what we're looking for.

http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/RecommendationUsabilityEvaluationFirstCut