From: Brad Porter [mailto:brad@tellme.com]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 4:51 PM
To: McCormick, Mike
Cc: stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie; public-wsc-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: What we're trying to protect...

Are "confidentiality clues" something we need to add to our use
cases/requirements?   Would we consider it in-scope?

--Brad

michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com wrote:

	I agree confidentiality cues are a user requirement.  People
trust their
	doctor or their banker more than they trust their ISP or phone
company.

	An example when confidentiality is required without
authentication might
	be if my clinic or bank e-mails me some very personal
information.
	Because of the private nature of the data I'm confident it came
from the
	trusted party.  What I'm more worried about is busy-bodies
trying to
	read it along the way.