Re: ISSUE-9: The Note needs a decent title and a shortname.

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 23:05:03 +0100
To: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Cc: Web Security Context WG <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>

On 2007-02-08 16:19:58 -0500, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

>> Also, we need to start thinking about the shortname under which
>> this is expected to go into the TR directory.

> Is there some reference on the many nuances that should be
> considered when selecting a shortname? I haven't got a clue what
> the issues are.

I can't think of a reference for the nuances there...

Classical shortname examples include things like html, css, xml,
forms, widget-reqs, DOM-Level-1, xml-c14n11, and so on.

wsc-reqs or wsc-usecases could be an appropriate short name, maybe
corresponding to something like "Web Security Context: Use Cases and
Requirements" as the title.

Have a look at the links under

  http://www.w3.org/TR/

to get a good sense of what others have done.

Regards,