Re: Jan Vidar's review of wsc-xit

Jan Vidar Krey wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Having read through the document, and the various comments already seen
> here I am fairly happy with this document, but I do have a few extra notes.

Well, having read through the document multiple times now, I do have one more
issue, the issue being chapter 7 itself.

While I do understand the motivation for this section, it seems to me like it
specifies a new protocol for how user agents should behave, or bordering to
it.

My impression is that this will require substantial changes for user agents to
be compliant, and will be obtrusive for users.

Which makes me ask:
- Who will implement this?
- Who will enable (or disable) this feature?
- Does this chapter belong here, be reworded/toned down, or moved to a
separate document?

Cheers

-janvidar

--
Jan Vidar Krey
Unix Software Developer

Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an art.
		-- Charles McCabe