Re: ISSUE-97: Should logotypes be tied to EV certificates?[Techniques]

On 2007-08-13 15:48:20 +0100, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> I'm a bit confused here. Isn't it a requirement for EV-like
> behaviour that the root-cert/trust-anchor is the thing that is
> marked? Otherwise, any old CA could insert the OID without having
> signed up to anything.

My read of what we've been told so far is that (a) the CA is
designated through an out-of-band process, and (b) an extension
shows up somewhere.  I don't know whether that's on the entity
certificate (in which case an EV-designated CA could issue non-EV
certs), on the trust anchor, or on some intermediary cert.  My
suspicion is that the extension is on the entity certificate.

Waiting for the EV folks to confirm or deny. ;-)