Re: ACTION-188 summarize robustness practices in terms of limitations on sites\\\\\\\\' freedom

From: George Staikos <staikos@kde.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:37:55 +0800
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
To: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>

On 19-Apr-07, at 7:52 PM, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> Thanks George. I have two questions:
>
> 1) how does the popup blocker differentiate between popups the user
> wants, and ones they don't?

    It watches for input events that come from the user which trigger
the popup.  Clicks in particular.  We can track the action that
causes the popup to happen and make decisions based on that.

> 2) what were some of the stricter policies KDE has tried out?

    For example we had more strict policies with respect to what was
allowed during SSL sessions (such as no insecure images on secure
pages, and other form posting rules) but in the end we had to match
NS and IE.  Some of these things have since been fixed in other
browsers and we were able to re-introduce our changes.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/