action on category vs modelReference

From: Holger Lausen <holger.lausen@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 18:00:29 +0200
To: SAWSDL WG <public-ws-semann@w3.org>
Hi,

to address the still pending action to start a discussion on issue 10 [1]:

My proposal is to drop the recommendation to use the complex type
sawsdl:category for the annotation of wsdl:interface. Instead a model
reference should be used. We might publish a small rdfs ontology as
additional note that defines the structure of the semantic model similar
to what is done in the complex:type.

Rational:

* It is inconsistent to once talk about semantic models and to only
reference them (not assuming anything about how they are expressed) and
for category we require them to be expressed as xml instance of a
particular complex type.

* It is arbitrary choice to define this structure for category, but not
for provider, availability, etc.

kind regards
  Holger

(Sorry I end up repeating my arguments - but so far nobody could
convince me that they are invalid ;)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x10

--
Holger Lausen

Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
http://www.deri.org/

Tel:   +43 512 5076464
Email: holger.lausen@deri.org