W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-semann@w3.org > June 2006

Agenda for SAWSDL telcon 2006/06/13

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:32:50 +0200
To: SAWSDL public list <public-ws-semann@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1150126371.14657.11.camel@localhost>

Agenda for SAWSDL telcon 2006/06/13. 
Dial-in information (member-only) [1]
Zakim instructions [2]

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-semann/2006Jun/0006
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim


----------------------------------------
1. Call setup
 - Scribe list: JBD, JL, CB, JF, RA, MK, JH, BP, 
     LH, TV, NG, TP, CP, CV, LF, HL, EP, BNS, AS
 - Regrets: CV, LF
 - Any modifications to agenda?
   - Especially reordering of issues to be discussed
 - Any other business?


----------------------------------------
2. Approval of minutes
 - Minutes of last meeting [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/minutes/20060606


----------------------------------------
3. Action Item Review
 - Action item list [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/admin/#Actions

2006-05-23: Terry to review last call of WSDL RDF mapping
            http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20-rdf/ by beginning of July
2006-05-23: EricP to review last call of WSDL RDF mapping
            http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20-rdf/ by beginning of July
 - ongoing, with time to spare

2006-06-06: JacekK to open 2 issues: relation of multiple model references
            (1) and annotationContext (2)
 - done, issues 17 and 18 in [2]

2006-06-06: LaurentH to specify use cases for separating different
            annotations (for example optimizations) into different
            contexts/perspectives
 - ongoing?
            
2006-06-06: JohnMiller to propose a specific RDFS ontology for interface
            categories 
 - ongoing?

[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/


----------------------------------------
4. Administrivia
 - Face-to-face logistics page [1]
 - Registration closed now
 - Proposed agenda will be posted soon

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/admin/meetings/200606Galway


----------------------------------------
5. Relation of multiple modelReferences [1]
 - Implicit conjunction, no other relationship? [2]
 - What do we do about conflicting annotations? [3]
   - Can we add a general statement about inconsistencies
     resulting in invalid SA-WSDL documents?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x18
[2] (?) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006Jun/0043
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006May/0038


----------------------------------------
6. Clarification of SchemaMapping concept [1]
 - Summary of what schemaMapping may mean [2]
   - Resolved 2006-06-06 that it transforms data
   - Direction of transformation (XML<->RDF)
      - Both necessary? - upCast and downCast (lifting and lowering?)
 - Where can schemaMapping be attached? [3]

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x6
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006May/0039
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006May/0018


----------------------------------------
7. should mappings be bijections? [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x16


----------------------------------------
8. why distinguish between basic and complex types? [1]
 - Laurent's suggestion for annotating complex elements where used [2]
 - Are there any reason for disallowing any kind of annotation on 
   simple or complex types/elements [3]? Can we simply "not distinguish"?
 - Do the leaf-level annotations imply the container-level relationship? [4]

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x11
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006May/0043
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006Jun/0007
[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006Jun/0009


----------------------------------------
9. Combining multiple modelReferences and schemaMappings [1]
 - depends on resolution to issues 6, 18
 - what is the relationship between modelReference and schemaMapping? [3]
 - we may need the notion of a pair <modelReference/schemaMapping> [2]

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x7
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006May/0017
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006Jun/0021


----------------------------------------
10. Conflict Resolution Rules [1]
 - See also thread [2], esp. regarding relation to other issues

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x8
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006May/0022


----------------------------------------
11. modelReference vs. category [1]
 - proposal to replace category with modelReference
   - adding a small RDFS ontology for category modeling
 - waiting for completion of John Miller's action item

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x10
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006May/0059


----------------------------------------
12. Do we need annotationContext? [1]
 - Justification for annotationContext?
 - Laurent's proposal [2]
   - introduce annotationContext with id+author+version+date
   - put modelReference into one context
   - multiple schemaMappings within modelReference
 - Problem with XML Schema element extensibility [4]
 - waiting for completion of Laurent's action item

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x17
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006May/0044
[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-semann/2006May/0058


----------------------------------------
13. schemaMapping languages in appendix? [1]
 - Any details on possible mapping languages (including examples) should be
   out in an appendix.
 - Should we plan an appendix (or a few) with details of support for specific
   mapping languages? Which ones?
   - XSLT
   - XQuery
   - Others?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x14


----------------------------------------
14. WSDL 1.1 extensibility? [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x12


----------------------------------------
15. Interoperation between SAWSDL and UDDI [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x19


----------------------------------------
16. Using UDDI taxonomies as examples for interface categorization? [1]
 - Is it correctly categorized as editorial?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/#x20
Received on Monday, 12 June 2006 15:32:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 17 April 2012 12:14:27 GMT