issue: modelReference vs. category

From: Holger Lausen <holger.lausen@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:25:53 +0200
To: SAWSDL WG <public-ws-semann@w3.org>
Hi,

I have a question: We are about to extend WSDL with pointers to semantic
annotation... Why do we make / did WSDL-S make the distinction between
<modelReference> for operation and <category> for interface?

Naively I would expect that both WSDL components would be annotated
equally (i.e. with a pointer to a semantic model), however within the
section 2.3 "Service Categorization" the term "semantic model" is not
mentioned. Additionally I think section 2.3 should be named "interface
categorization", since in fact a service can inherit from multiple
interfaces.

I would suggest to use for both WSDL components the same means of
annotation (i.e. modelReference), alternatively we could think about a
more complex pointer mechanism like it is done in service category, but
then I would expect some justification in the document on why the
structures are different.

best
  Holger

--
Holger Lausen

Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
http://www.deri.org/

Tel:   +43 512 5076464
Email: holger.lausen@deri.org