amending a resolution after the fact (was Re: issue 8304: proposal 1)

This (amending a resolution to an issue after the fact) is the kind of
shortcut that ends up causing more work than it saves. If people think
the paragraph in question should be removed (a position that I
tentatively agree with), they should raise an issue to that effect.

-  gp