RE: Proposal for Issue 6700

I'm copying the relevant conformance section of XML Infoset spec [1]
here for discussion:

3. Conformance

Since the purpose of the Information Set is to provide a set of
definitions, conformance is a property of specifications that use those
definitions, rather than of implementations.

Specifications referring to the Infoset must:

*	Indicate the information items and properties that are needed to
implement the specification. (This indirectly imposes conformance
requirements on processors used to implement the specification.)
*	Specify how other information items and properties are treated
(for example, they might be passed through unchanged).
*	Note any information required from an XML document that is not
defined by the Infoset.
*	Note any difference in the use of terms defined by the Infoset
(this should be avoided).

If a specification allows the construction of an infoset that has
inconsistencies as described above under Synthetic Infosets
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#intro.synthetic#intro.synthetic>  it
may describe how those inconsistencies are to be resolved, and should do
so if it provides for serialization of the infoset.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/

Li