From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Maryann Hondo
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 8:19 AM
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Cc: Christopher B Ferris
Subject: Fw: Revised positions for closed/open world assumptions

Ashok,
help me understand...... have we come full circle? isn't this absence is negation?

orignial policy:

P                                                                  R
a                                a
c ignorable                        b optional

alternatives:

a                                a

intersection produces  "a"

P must do a
P must not do B
R must do a
R must not do C

did I miss something?

Maryann

"Ashok Malhotra" <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Sent by: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org

05/18/2007 10:20 AM

Christopher B Ferris/Waltham/IBM@IBMUS

cc

"public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>

Subject

RE: Revised positions for closed/open world assumptions

Chris, I don't see the need for directionality.  How about this:

P and R exchange policies and decide on an alternative.

P must do what's mandated by the selected alternative.
P cannot do what was in R's policy but was not selected.
R must do what's mandated by the selected alternative.
R cannot do what was in P's policy but was not selected.

No other claims.

All the best, Ashok