AIN, NOBI and composition

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 15:22:55 -0700
To: <public-ws-policy@w3.org>

I wonder about AIN, NOBI, etc. and composition.

Imagine that WS-I produces an assertion that says a "RSPAssertion" means
RMAssertion and Security, perhaps exactly one of
messageSecurity|transportsecurity.  What's the meaning when some of the
assertions that are in the composition are missing?  For example, I just
say RSPAssertion.  I don't say RMAssertion, though RMAssertion is in the
vocabulary.  If I get an intersection that says RSPAssertion but not
RMAssertion, AIN has the implication that you shouldn't apply
RMAssertion yet RSPAssertion does.

We don't say anything about whether an assertion that means a behaviour
"trumps" the lack of such an assertion.

With AIN, there's a problem.  Without AIN, there's no problem because
there's no conflict.

Cheers,
Dav3e