W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > March 2007

[VER 3] Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 33 - 2007-03-28

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:17:26 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC225730210F083E@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 33 - 2007-03-28

[VER 3]
1. Added link to WSDL 1.1 EI document to be published.
2. Added link to message about Issue 4394.

[VER 2]
1. Added link for F2F minutes for Mar 13.
2. Added links for Editors' Drafts
3. Added links for CR interop information.
4. Added agenda item for issue 4414.
5. Added link to proposal for issue 3978.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Felix Sasaki (scribe Wed Mar 28)
Asir Vedamuthu (scribe Wed Apr 4)
Frederick Hirsch (scribe Wed Apr 11)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Paul Knight
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Mark Temple-Raston
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Yakov Sverdlov
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of F2F minutes
Draft minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/13-ws-policy-minutes.html
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/14-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
Reminder: The Wed March 21 meeting is cancelled.

c) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

d) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Editor's Framework and Attachment Drafts
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0113.html
Status: The WG will consider publication of the revised CR drafts.

b) Editor's Primer and Guidelines Drafts
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0113.html Status: The WG will consider publication of the revised drafts.

c) WSDL1.1 Identifiers Draft
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0060.html Status: This revised WD will be published with the publication of the revised CR drafts.

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-242 Ashok to provide expected outcome docs for Feature 23 test cases

ACTION-243 Asir to produce a list of change areas in the framework and attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a change in the reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest available published committee draft

ACTION-248 David Orchard start e-mails on 4300

ACTION-250 Asir to have timestamps on document and stable packages for release
DONE. See:
<URL to be provided>

ACTION-251 Editors to work out a process for making the interop scenario/test cases available as a "package" so that we have an ED and WD versions
DONE.  See:
<URL to be provided>

ACTION-252 Fabian to open new follow-up issue to 4370

ACTION-253 Chris Ferris to convey the disposition of WSDL WG comments to the WSDL WG

ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate to the discussion of 4292

ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262 Monica Martin 2007-03-21

ACTION-257 Felix to publish revised WSDL1.1 Identifiers document as WD

ACTION-258 Editors to double check that the republished Attachments document reflects the latest WSDL1.1 Identifiers draft

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074

6. Liaison items (11:00 am PDT)

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html

Consolidated list of Alternatives A thru D to resolved WS ADDR LC comment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0027.html
Note: I am not proposing we discuss this at this meeting.  This is being processed by the WS-Addressing WG.

a) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

7. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios, Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322

8. CR issues

a) Issue 4318: [All docs] Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should be used as a reference
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
Status: Currently on hold until later in CR.

b) ACTION-252 Fabian to open new follow-up issue to 4370
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4370

c) [NEW ISSUE] 4394 Type of the WSDL 2.0 {policy} property?
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4394
See Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0116.html

9. Primer issues

a) Issue 4393: Add text to strict and lax policy intersection discussion describing how a policy consumer can determine issues due to intersection mode conflicts
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4393

ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate to the discussion of 4292
Status: Awaiting change proposal.

b) ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262 Monica Martin 2007-03-21

c) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann Hondo
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4414
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0111.html

10. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html

b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074

11. Guideline issues, Part 2
Status: These issues will processed against the next public WD.

a) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
Proposal from IBM/MSFT:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0069.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0071.html

b) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html

12. Any other business

13. Adjournment

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Monday, 26 March 2007 18:17:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:48 GMT