W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > June 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 43 - 2007-06-06

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 15:34:57 -0400
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF033372C1.FC92895F-ON852572F0.0058AC30-852572F1.006B748D@us.ibm.com>
Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 43 - 2007-06-06 
 
The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the 
WG's administrative home page: 
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
 
Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html 

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair (9:00 am ET) 
 
a) Scribe List:

(we neglected to select a vict^^^olunteer)
---------------------- 
Dimitar Angelov 
Sanjiva Weerawarana 
Ruchith Fernando 
Tom Jordahl 
Vladislav Bezrukov 
Symon Chang 
Doug Davis 
Jacques Durand 
Steve Jones 
Mohammad Makarechian 
Jonathan Marsh 
Arnaud Meyniel 
Sanjay Patil 
Skip Snow 
Jeff Mischkinsky 
Sanka Samaranayake 
Mark Little 
Glen Daniels 
William Henry 
Toufic Boubez 
Anthony Nadalin 
Daniel Roth 
Fabian Ritzmann 
Sergey Beryozkin  
Charlton Barreto 
David Orchard 
Abbie Barbir 
Dale Moberg 
Asir Vedamuthu 
Frederick Hirsch 
Mark Temple-Raston 
Dale Moberg 
Paul Knight 
Yakov Sverdlov  
Prasad Yendluri 
Maryann Hondo 
Ashok Malhotra 
Monica Martin 
Felix Sasaki 
 
b) Scribe FAQ (Updated) 
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html 

c) schedule review

        1) May 30th [DONE][1] - Editors to deliver the updated Framework 
and Attachment drafts

        2) June 5th - Refresh the Framework & Attachment CR drafts and 
Primer WD

        3) June 20th - Editors to deliver the updated Framework and 
Attachment drafts

        4) June 27th - WG decision to request the director to advance the 
Framework and Attachment drafts to PR

        5) July 2nd - Co-chairs to create the request to advance the 
Framework and Attachment drafts to PR

        6) July first week - Co-chairs and staff contact to meet with the 
director

        7) July - Advance to Proposed Recommendation

        8) July Dublin F2F - Process Primer and Guidelines doc issues, 
V.Next issues

        9) August - Advance to Recommendation

        10) August, last two weeks - Break

        11) September-October - Post Recommendation work, Process Primer 
and Guidelines doc issues

        12) November 9-10 Cambridge F2F - Post Recommendation work, 
Finalize Primer and Guidelines documents, V.Next and Next Step 
Considerations

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0301.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair (9:05 am ET) 
 
a) Review and approval of draft May 23-24 f2f minutes 
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/23-ws-policy-minutes.html
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/24-ws-policy-minutes.html
 
3. Future WG meetings, Chair (9:10 am ET) 
 
a) Future meetings 
        http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings 
 
b) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona 
        http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html 

4. Editorial team report (9:15 am ET) 
Current Editors drafts:
        http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts 

5. Review action items, Chair (9:20 am ET) 
Open action items: 
Member only: 
        http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open 
 
ACTION-279      And Paul to engage Bob Freund on Toms points Christopher 
Ferris  2007-05-23

ACTION-286      Work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in 
developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis 
this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary      Maryann Hondo 
2007-05-24

ACTION-300      Make sure that the additional suggestions are not lost for 
the non-normative docs related to issue 4554    Paul Cotton     2007-05-30

ACTION-301      Close issues from David Hull    Asir Vedamuthu  2007-05-30
DONE

ACTION-302      Reply to ws-a that we have no comments on the 2nd last 
call draft of ws-a metadata     Christopher Ferris      2007-05-31
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0276.html

ACTION-303      Will propose alternate bumper sticker and text for Best 
Practice * (Not Neccesary...)   Maryann Hondo   2007-05-31

ACTION-304      Look at sections 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 and suggest additional 
text    Christopher Ferris      2007-05-31

ACTION-305      Generalize Best Practice 16 (Assertion XML should allow 
...) to cover both ignorable and optional       Maryann Hondo   2007-05-31

ACTION-306      Review BP 23 and associated text, Section 5.7. Christopher 
Ferris  2007-05-31

6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair (9:25 am ET) 
 
a) Interop Results 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0287.html
        
b) Interop scenarios 
 
        i) Release-1-20070322 
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html 
 
        ii) Release-2-20070501 
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0010.html 
               and 
      
 http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/?only_with_tag=Release-2-20070501 

 
c) CR dashboard summary 
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html 


d) Bugzilla list:  
        http://tinyurl.com/22xybz  

e) ISSUE 4582 test cases need coverage of nested policy for lax interse...
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4582

7. Liaison items (4:00 pm ET) 
 
a) ACTION-279   OPEN    And Paul to engage Bob Freund on Toms points 
Christopher Ferris      2007-05-23

b) Policy Framework and Policy Domain division of labor, and the 'absent 
policies are present as negations' principle, Dale Moberg 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0075.html 
(don't need this)

8. CR issues (3:20 pm ET)  

a) Bugzilla list: 
        http://tinyurl.com/yp9wp6  

b) [Bug 4561] clarification of domain-specific processing, Chris 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4561 
See note from Asir:
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0253.html 

c) [Bug 4583] Duplicate assertions in an alternative, Ashok
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4583

d) [Bug 4592] incorrect reference content
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4592

e) Comments on "normal form" of policy expressions, David Hull
      
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0000.html 
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0297.html

9. Primer Document  
Latest editor's draft: 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0079.html 

a) Bugzilla list:  
        http://tinyurl.com/2a5uwj  

b) [Bug 4584] Clarify how lax mode and ignorable assertions affect the 
intersection algorithm, Sergey
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4584

ACTION-300      Make sure that the additional suggestions are not lost for 
the non-normative docs related to issue 4554    Paul Cotton     2007-05-30

10. Guidelines issues

a) Bugzilla list:  
        http://tinyurl.com/ywtogs  

b) [Bug 3989] Suggested Format
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989

c) [Bug 3988]: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread: 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected 
 
d) [Bug 4566]: Guideline G2 to be reconsidered, Toufic 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4566  
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0214.html  

e) [Bug 3978]: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth 
        http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
 
ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978. 
DONE. See: 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html
 
ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the 
Guidelines document re issue 3978 
DONE.  See: 
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html 

f) Note: 4375 is effectively resolved, but left open until WS-A Metatada 
goes CR

ACTION-303      Will propose alternate bumper sticker and text for Best 
Practice * (Not Neccesary...)   Maryann Hondo   2007-05-31

ACTION-304      Look at sections 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 and suggest additional 
text    Christopher Ferris      2007-05-31

ACTION-305      Generalize Best Practice 16 (Assertion XML should allow 
...) to cover both ignorable and optional       Maryann Hondo   2007-05-31

ACTION-306      Review BP 23 and associated text, Section 5.7. Christopher 
Ferris  2007-05-31

11. Adjourn

Cheers,
 
Christopher Ferris 
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy 
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com 
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris 
phone: +1 508 377 9295  
Received on Tuesday, 5 June 2007 19:35:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:52 GMT