Re: NEW ISSUE 4130: Ignorable assertions must be ignored

Hi

> I only suggested the new attribute "informational" if we agree (I myself do not yet see the need) on an asertion which always must
> be ignored.
>
> This is not the same as the current ignorable.

I agree that we don't need an atribute to mark the assertions which are always needed to be ignored.

> This is not the same as the current ignorable.
Agreed too.

It's just that I think wsp:ignorable assertions are purely informational assertions with no explicit  behavioral requirements on
requesters. If a requester needs to do something to utilize the capabilities marked by this assertion then this assertion should not
be marked as wsp:ignorable, should be a normal assertion, possibly marked as wsp:optional in the compact form... This is how I see
it anyway...

if we had wsp:optional and wsp:informational then it might be clearer when to use wsp:informational as opposed to using
wsp:optional.
Informational assertions are often naturally ignorable, though requesters working in a strict mode would have a chance to break at
the intersection stage.

My own preference would be to either position wsp:ignorable as pure informational assertions which may or may not be ignored at the
intersection stage or just rename wsp:ignorable to wsp:informational...

Cheers, Sergey