W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > September 2006

RE: RE: Schedule for development of Last Call WDs

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:11:57 -0700
To: "Yalcinalp, Umit" <umit.yalcinalp@sap.com>, "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC2257173661CC58@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

You are correct to note that the discussion of a schedule for Last Call WDs did not take into consideration a schedule for the non-normative documents.

I also agree that we should review the schedule for the Primer and Guidelines document as they progress.

/paulc

________________________________________
From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org On Behalf Of Yalcinalp, Umit
Sent: September 26, 2006 9:16 PM
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Subject: RE: Schedule for development of Last Call WDs

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org
> [mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
> Sent: Saturday, Sep 09, 2006 10:34 AM
> To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
> Subject: Schedule for development of Last Call WDs
>
>
> The following is the Chairs' proposed schedule for the
> publication of Last Call WDs for the WS-Policy WG
> Recommendation track specifications. WG members are reminded
> that our Charter [1] states that we are to achieve Last Call
> WD's in Nov 2006.
>
> 1. Sep 8 - Publication of Editor's drafts
> DONE.
>
> 2. Sep 12-14 - WS-Policy WG F2F meeting, Redmond, WA
> http://www.w3.org/2006/09/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
>
> The objectives of this F2F meeting are as follows:
>
> a) review of Recommendation track specifications to lodge all
> technical issues BEFORE the end of the F2F
> b) resolution of as many existing and new issues as possible
> c) approval of new Working Drafts for publication based on
> the Sep 8 Editor's drafts
>
> 3. Fri Sep 29 (or earlier) - Working Draft publication
>
> 4. Sep and Oct distributed meetings
>
> These meetings will be organized to resolve as many issues as
> possible as early as possible.
>
> 5. Mon Oct 30 - Publication of Editor's drafts before F2F meeting
>
> 6. Tue-Thu Nov 7-9 - WS-Policy WG F2F meeting, Bedford, MA
>
> The objectives of this F2F are as follows:
>
> a) resolution of any remaining issues
> b) approval of Last Call Working Drafts
>
> 7. Wed Nov 15 - distributed meeting
>
> This meeting will be used to consider any last minute changes
> to the Last Call WDs.
>
> 8. Mon Nov 20 - Editors provide pub-ready Last Call WDs to
> the W3C Web Master for publication
>
> 8. Wed Nov 22 - Last Call WD publication
>
> 9. Wed Nov 22 - Wed Jan 31 2007 Last Call period
>
> Your comments on this proposed schedule are more than welcome.
>
> /paulc
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/04/ws-policy-charter.html
>
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
> mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
>
>
>

There are two questions

(1)

After reviewing the schedule that was proposed prior to the f2f meeting
and the minutes of the first day [1], the schedule that was adopted
applies to the REC documents, namely the WS-Policy and
WS-PolicyAttachment documents as the decision of the rec documents
preceeds the non-normative document split and related action items.

Namely I want to confirm that as of today,

-- the non-normative specifications Primer and the Authors Guideline
documents are not part of the schedule.

-- We will decide a schedule about those documents as we make progress.

(2)

I also did not see an explicit action item for someone from w3c to
create the starting document for us although we have the action item to
create the first cut. We do have the spec xml version of the proposed
document in html form.

Phillippe/Felix, since w3c has created the starter documents for the
rest of docs for the editors, could we assume to give you our xml
document and you will create first base copy that we can retain in the
CVS? Both Maryann and I have access to the CVS, but I am under the
impression that someone from w3c needs to create the "starter" document.
I will be happy to send you the xml copy within a week.

Thanks,

--umit



[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/09/12-ws-policy-minutes.html
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: chairs-request@w3.org [mailto:chairs-request@w3.org]
> On Behalf Of
> > Ian B. Jacobs
> > Sent: August 17, 2006 3:41 PM
> > To: Chairs@w3.org
> > Subject: Publication moratoria in second half of 2006
> >
> > Chairs,
> >
> > There will be two publication blackout periods in the second half
> > of 2006. Please take these into consideration as you plan your work.
> >
> > Thank you for your ongoing efforts,
> >
> >  - Ian
> >
> > ----------------------------
> > AC Meeting, etc. (28 Nov - 1 Dec)
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > 21 November, 12pm ET: Deadline for publication requests
> >                       before moratorium
> > 23 November: Last publications before moratorium
> > 24 November - 6 December: No publications
> >  7 December: Publications resume
> >
> > -----------
> > End of Year
> > -----------
> >
> > 19 December, 12pm ET: Deadline for publication requests
> >                       before moratorium
> > 21 December: Last publications before moratorium
> > 22 December - 1 January: No publications
> >  2 January 2007: Publications resume
> >
> >
> > Previous moratoria:
> >  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2005OctDec/0029
> > Revised:
> >  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2006JanMar/0084
> > --
> > Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
> > Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 27 September 2006 15:13:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:41 GMT