RE: NEW ISSUE (3639) Which policy alternative was selected?

Hi Dan:
You said ...
> If the policy contains multiple alternatives, the
> policy provider is publicizing that it will honor any of
> those alternatives for a given interaction.

This is a possible interpretation.  I think we shd discuss.

But, still, we have some questions.  Let me summarize.

The situation we are discussing is where both endpoints have policies
and policy matching is used to determine acceptable alternatives.

Q1.  If there are multiple matching alternatives, which one is selected?
The above is a possible answer to this problem.

Q2. When a message is received, which alternative from among the acceptable
alternatives was applied?

Here is a proposal for Q2.

- A new policy is constructed containing only the selected alternative.
- The message points to this policy in a standard manner.

All the best, Ashok