W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > October 2006

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 15 - 2006-11-01

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:43:47 -0800
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22571EE5D38719@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 15 - 2006-11-01

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Jong Lee (scribe for Nov 1)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Asir Vedamuthu
Ümit Yalçinalp
Dale Moberg
David Orchard
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Mark Little
Abbie Barbir
Yakov Sverdlov
Anthony Nadalin
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
Felix Sasaki
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Toufic Boubez
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
Frederick Hirsch
Fabian Ritzmann

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of last week's telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2006-10-25 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2006/10/25-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) WS-Policy F2F, Sonic, Bedford, MA Nov 7-9
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

b) Next distributed meeting is Wed Nov 15 - Chair is TBD.

c) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

4. F2F meeting agenda items, Chair

The following items will be discussed at the F2F meeting next week:
a) Open issues on Framework and Attachment specifications
b) Last call plans and schedule for Framework and Attachment specifications
c) Candidate Recommendation testing and exit criteria
d) Open issues on Guidelines and Primer specifications
e) WG review of Guidelines and Primer specifications
f) Future schedule for Guidelines and Primer
g) Future meeting schedule including F2F meetings after Jan 2007 meeting

5. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) WS-Policy Framework and Attachments specs, Editors

b) WS-Policy Guidelines for Policy Authors, Editors

c) WS-Policy Primer, Editors

6. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

Action items not otherwise on this agenda:

ACTION-128
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/128

ACTION-133
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/133

ACTION-137
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/137

ACTION-138 - Draft concrete proposal for 3789
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/138
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0184.html

7. Liaison items

a) Add an issue on coordination with other working groups
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
Status: Chairs to establish joint TF with WS-A (Bob Freund)
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/136

8. External attachment issues

a) External WS-Policy Attachment to WSDL 2.0 components, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3730
Status: Paul's request for feedback from last week's meeting:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0172.html

b) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.1 definitions, etc.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599
Status from Oct 11: deferred a week
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0048.html

9. Issues with feedback from commenter

a) Levels of indirection for policy references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3719 (RESOLVED)
Status: email from PaulC to PaulD:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0041.html
PaulD's replys:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/att-0065/00-part
Dan's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0067.html

10. Issues 3789 and 3721

a) Policy expressions with no wire manifestation, Sergey
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0111.html
Status: Sergey has opened an issue
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3789

ACTION-138 - Draft concrete proposal for 3789
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/138
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0184.html

b) New Attribute keyword to identify 'local' policies
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3721
email from Ashok:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0156.html

11.  Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564
Status: On Oct 18 the WG reviewed the following proposal from Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0018.html
>From minutes:
"Umit: can do another pass before F2F, not sure if enough time to get Maryann's diagrams in"

12. Primer issues

a) primer/guidelines overlap, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3791

b) section 4 of the primer overlaps with the guidelines document, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3792

c) Section 3 overlap of primer with guidelines, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3794

d) (Primer) Section 2.4-, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3795

e) A wg member neutral name is desirable, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3815

f) Primer uses an Assertion that does not exist, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3809

g) Comments from Paul
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0150.html

h) Comments from Frederick
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0165.html

13. Any other business

14. Adjourn

/paulc
Received on Tuesday, 31 October 2006 01:43:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:42 GMT