W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > October 2006

RE: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 11 - 2006-10-04

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:20:31 -0700
Message-ID: <E16EB59B8AEDF445B644617E3C1B3C9C025F97DD@repbex01.amer.bea.com>
To: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Regrets for the telcon, conflict with a f2f.
 
Cheers,
Dave


________________________________

	From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Christopher B Ferris
	Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 2:36 PM
	To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
	Subject: Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 11 - 2006-10-04
	
	

	Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 11 - 2006-10-04
	
	The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is
	documented on the WG's administrative home page:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
	
	Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page.
	Please register with Zakim:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
	
	1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
	
	a) Scribe List:
	
	Sergey Beryozkin (Secretary for Oct 4)
	Dimitar Angelov
	Sanjiva Weerawarana
	Fabian Ritzmann
	Sanka Samaranayake
	Ruchith Fernando
	Charlton Barreto
	Jeffrey Crump
	Tom Jordahl
	Jong Lee
	Vladislav Bezrukov
	----------------------
	Asir Vedamuthu
	Ümit Yalçinalp
	Frederick Hirsch
	Dale Moberg
	David Orchard
	Jeff Mischkinsky
	William Henry
	Prasad Yendluri
	Mark Little
	Abbie Barbir
	Yakov Sverdlov
	Anthony Nadalin
	Monica Martin
	Glen Daniels
	Felix Sasaki
	Maryann Hondo
	Ashok Malhotra
	Toufic Boubez
	Daniel Roth
	
	2. Review and approval of F2F minutes, Chair
	
	a) Review and approval of 2006-09-26 minutes, Chair
	Draft minutes (member only):
	http://www.w3.org/2006/09/26-ws-policy-minutes.html
	
	3. Future WG meetings, Chair
	
	a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Oct 11 - Paul to chair
	
	b) Future meetings
	http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
	
	c) WS-Policy F2F, Sonic, Bedford, MA Nov 7-9
	http://www.w3.org/2006/11/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
	Status: Hotel and other local information is now available.
	
	4. Editorial team report
	
	a) Terms should be defined/targeted in the appropriate sections of the spec, Editors
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3720
	Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft.
	
	b) Editors to clarify the use of the term "domain", Editors
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3706
	Action item:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/94
	Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft.
	
	c) Review next editors draft to see if there are any security considerations from framework doc that apply to attachment doc, Editors
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/110
	Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft.
	
	d) WS-Policy Primer, Editors
	ACTION: Prepare an editor's draft of the primer (ETA - determined by editors) and send it to the WG
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/103
	Status: Editor's Draft available: 
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0219.html
	
	e) WS-Policy Guidelines for Policy Authors, MaryAnn
	Status: The following actions are pending:
	ACTION: Prepare Editor's Draft of Guidelines document:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/102
	ACTION: Add adopted guidance to Guidelines document for Issue 3577:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/108
	Status from Sep 26: Pending next Editor's Draft. 
	
	f) Approve Primer ED for publication as WD? 
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0219.html
	
	5. Review action items, Chair
	Open action items:
	Member only:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
	
	Action items not otherwise on this agenda:
	
	a) ACTION 92 - Update Scribe FAQ, Chris
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/92
	
	b) ACTION 96 - Investigate usage of "policy alternative vocabulary", Glen D
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/96
	
	6. Liaison items
	
	a) New C14N/1.1 WD and Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework (ed. copy)
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0130.html
	Status: Action on Paul to draft reply:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/117
	
	7. Open Issues with pending actions
	
	a) External WS-Policy Attachment to WSDL 2.0 components, Ashok
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3730
	Status: Ashok to draft proposal:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/119 
	Ashok's proposal email: 
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0218.html
	
	b) Definition of Interaction
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3705
	Status: Action on Asir and MaryAnn to draft a change proposal:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/48 
	
	c) add an issue on coordination with other working groups
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
	Status: Glen to start internal thread on possible response:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/113 
	
	d) Levels of indirection for policy references
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3719
	Status: Action on Dan to get reply from commenter:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/120
	
	e) Which policy alternative was selected?
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3639
	Status: Ashok to think about the F2F discussion of this Issue.
	Also related:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0175.html
	
	f) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.0 definitions, etc.
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599
	Status: Actions on Ashok to consider using XPointer:
	http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/106 
	
	8. Optionality tar ball
	
	a) Policy expressions with no wire manifestation, Sergey
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0111.html
	Status: Sergey is to open a new issue.
	
	b) New Attribute keyword to identify 'local' policies
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3721
	
	c) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances
	http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564
	Status: WG members to review proposed text in Guidelines document.
	See thread started by Dan:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0146.html
	
	9. Any other business
	
	10. Adjourn
	
	
	Christopher Ferris
	STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
	email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
	blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
	phone: +1 508 377 9295 
	
Received on Monday, 2 October 2006 22:20:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:42 GMT