Concrete Proposal Around 3619

From: Glen Daniels <gdaniels@progress.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:24:24 -0500
To: <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Cc: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>

Hey all:

Ashok and I got together this morning to discuss the work necessary
around describing the meaning of external policy attachment to
WS-Addressing EPRs, and decided to avoid the whole "let's bounce the
ball back and forth" discussion between our group and WS-Addressing in
favor of trying to actually DO the work and see what it looks like.
This is what we came up with - it involves a few changes to the
PolicyAttachments document, and contains the work in our specification.
We believe this is a small change, gets us where we need to be from the
POV of both groups, and sufficiently explains the preexisting example.

--- Begin Proposal

* Replace the second-to-last sentence in section 3.4 with the following:

The following example illustrates the use of this mechanism with an
EndpointReference domain expression (see section 3.4.2) for a deployed
endpoint as defined in Web Services Addressing [WS-Addressing Core]:

* Add new section as follows:

3.4.2 EndpointReference Domain Expression

This section defines a domain expression for identifying endpoints as
policy subjects for the external attachment mechanism. The following is
a pseudo-schema for the URI domain expression:

(01) <wsp:PolicyAttachment ... >
(02)   <wsp:AppliesTo>
(03)     <wsa:EndpointReference ... >...</wsa:EndpointReference> *
(04)   </wsp:AppliesTo>
(05)   ...
(06) </wsp:PolicyAttachment>

The following describes the EndpointReference domain expression element
listed in the pseudo-schema outlined above:

/wsp:PolicyAttachment/wsp:AppliesTo/wsa:EndpointReference
This element is a WS-Addressing EndpointReference, and references an
endpoint policy subject.

EndpointReference domain expressions are used to attach policies to
endpoint subjects (as defined in sec 4.1.2) identified by a
WS-Addressing EndpointReference [link to WSA].

--- End Proposal

That's it!

--Glen