W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > November 2006

[VER3] Agenda: WS-Policy WG F2F 16 - 2006-11-07 to 2006-11-09

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 22:46:30 -0500
To: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org, "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OF07F032B1.2273ABC7-ON8525721E.004F9FFC-8525721F.0014BA9D@us.ibm.com>
Included time for discussion of editorial issues incl definitions issue
Assigned chair responsibilities

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295

__________________


Added timing considerations 
Added email links to issue threads 
Added new issues from Frederick 

Note that timing of Weds and Thursday will be dependent upon progress made 
Tuesday. 
The most important thing to complete is to close all issues against 
Framework and Attachments 
specs in preparation for LC. 

Agenda: WS-Policy WG F2F 16 - 2006-11-07 to 2006-11-09
 
The WS-Policy WG will meet F2F in Bedford, MA from Nov 7-9, 2007.
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's 
administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
 
Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
 
Tuesday 2006-11-07 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST - Chair: Chris

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair (9:00 am)
 
a) Scribe List:
Reminder: scribe duties for the f2f will be 1/2 day per scribe 

Jong Lee
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Ümit Yalçinalp
Dale Moberg
David Orchard
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Mark Little
Abbie Barbir
Yakov Sverdlov
Anthony Nadalin
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
Felix Sasaki
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Toufic Boubez
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
Frederick Hirsch
Fabian Ritzmann
Asir Vedamuthu
 
b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
 
2. Review and approval of last week's telcon minutes, Chair (9:10 am)
 
a) Review and approval of 2006-11-01 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/01-ws-policy-minutes.html
 
3. Future WG meetings, Chair (9:15 am)
 
a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Nov 15 - Chair is Paul C.
 
b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
 
c) Future meeting schedule including F2F meetings after Jan 2007 meeting
 
4. Editorial team report (9:20 am)
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts 
Latest editor's drafts announcement: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0036.html
 
a) WS-Policy Framework and Attachments specs, Editors
 
b) WS-Policy Guidelines for Policy Authors, Editors
 
c) WS-Policy Primer, Editors
 
5. Review action items, Chair (9:30 am)
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
 
6. Issues 3789 and 3721 (9:45 am)
 
a) Policy expressions with no wire manifestation, Sergey
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0111.html
Status: Sergey has opened an issue
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3789
 
ACTION-138 - Draft concrete proposal for 3789
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/138
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0184.html 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0185.html 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0206.html
Prasad: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0208.html 
Glen: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0209.html 
Asir: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0210.html 
Umit: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0211.html 
William: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0005.html 
Sergey: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0008.html 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0017.html 
Umit: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0037.html 

b) New Attribute keyword to identify 'local' policies
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3721
email from Ashok:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0156.html
Sergey's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0161.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0198.html
Glen's support for Fabian's position:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0199.html
William's response: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0202.html 
Sergey's follow-on: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0203.html 
Prasad weighs in on v.next: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0204.html 
Umit's partial agreement: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0205.html 
Prasad's follow-on: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0207.html 
William's follow-on: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0002.html 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0007.html 
Sergey: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0009.html 

c) ACTION-139: Propose another option 5 for 3789 and 3721, Umit
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/139
 
7. Break (10:30 am) 

8. Issues 3789 and 3721 - continued (10:50 am) 

9. Lunch (12:30 pm) 

10. Web Services 1.5 - Attachment issues (1:30 pm)
 
a) Issue [3894]: Definition of equivalence for WSDL 2.0 component model 
{policy} properties
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0192.html
Asir's message of support:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0193.html
Status from Nov 1: WG members agreed to review this proposal for the F2F 
meeting.
 
b) External WS-Policy Attachment to WSDL 2.0 components, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3730
Status: Paul's request for feedback from last week's meeting:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0172.html
Status from Nov 1: Discussion delayed until F2F meeting.
 
c) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.1 definitions, etc.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599
Status from Oct 11: deferred a week
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0048.html
Status from Nov 1: Discussion delayed until F2F meeting. 

d) Liaison item 
Add an issue on coordination with other working groups
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
Status: Chairs to establish joint TF with WS-A (Bob Freund)
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/136

11. Break (3:15 am) 

12. Issues with feedback from commenter (3:45 pm)
 
a) Levels of indirection for policy references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3719 (RESOLVED)
Status: email from PaulC to PaulD:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0041.html
PaulD's replys:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/att-0065/00-part
Dan's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0067.html
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0068.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0134.html 

13. New issues since last telcon (3:50 pm) 
a) Change optional example from MTOM to security (Guidelines  
and Primer), Frederick 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0038.html
 
b) Remove language that use of security policy assertions  
forces nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html 

14. Bring out your de-ad (4:00 pm)
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3639 
Sergey: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0004.html 
Fabian: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0010.html 
Frederick: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0011.html 
Dan: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0019.html 
Glen: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0020.html 
Prasad: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0023.html 
Umit: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0024.html 
Glen: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0025.html 
Dale: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0026.html 
Sergey: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0030.html 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0031.html 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0033.html 
Dale: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0034.html 
Glen:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0035.html 

15. Last call plans and schedule for Framework and Attachment 
specifications, Chair (4:20 pm)
http://www.w3.org/2006/04/ws-policy-charter.html

16. Candidate Recommendation testing and exit criteria, Chair (4:35 pm) 

17. Recess (5:00 pm)
 
Wednesday 2006-11-08 (9:00 am - 5:00 pm) Chair: Paul

1. Primer issues 
 
a) section 4 of the primer overlaps with the guidelines document, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3792
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0213.html
 
ACTION-140
Make a proposal for 3792 along the lines in message 213 to move and fold 
the contents of section 4 of the primer in the guidelines document
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/140
Frederick's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0028.html
Note: Frederick's email targets issue 3794 but I believe it should have 
said 3792.
 
b) Primer uses an Assertion that does not exist, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3809
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0216.html
Status from Nov 1: Held over for further F2F discussion.
 
c) Add example about policies in the context of relationships between 
multiple entities
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3793
Status from Nov 1: Dependent on issues 3789 and 3721.
 
d) Detailed review session

Thursday 2006-11-09 (9:00 am - 3:00 pm) Chair: Chris

17. Guidelines issues and comments

a) Revised Guidelines document, Umit
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0006.html
 
b) ACTION-133:
Raise issue regarding cross document redundancy issue with Primer and 
GL... phrase is "opt in" that needs to be looked at
 
c) Detailed review session

14. Future schedule for Guidelines and Primer
 
15. Any other business

16. Adjourn
 
/paulc
 
Received on Tuesday, 7 November 2006 03:46:52 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:43 GMT