W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > November 2006

Agenda: WS-Policy WG F2F 16 - 2006-11-07 to 2006-11-09

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:03:33 -0800
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
CC: "Christopher B Ferris (chrisfer@us.ibm.com)" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22571EE5D44182@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG F2F 16 - 2006-11-07 to 2006-11-09

The WS-Policy WG will meet F2F in Bedford, MA from Nov 7-9, 2007.
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Jong Lee
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Ümit Yalçinalp
Dale Moberg
David Orchard
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Mark Little
Abbie Barbir
Yakov Sverdlov
Anthony Nadalin
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
Felix Sasaki
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Toufic Boubez
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
Frederick Hirsch
Fabian Ritzmann
Asir Vedamuthu

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of last week's telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2006-11-01 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/01-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Nov 15 - Chair is TBD.

b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

c) Future meeting schedule including F2F meetings after Jan 2007 meeting

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) WS-Policy Framework and Attachments specs, Editors

b) WS-Policy Guidelines for Policy Authors, Editors

c) WS-Policy Primer, Editors

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

6. Liaison items

a) Add an issue on coordination with other working groups
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
Status: Chairs to establish joint TF with WS-A (Bob Freund)
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/136

7. Issues 3789 and 3721

a) Policy expressions with no wire manifestation, Sergey
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0111.html
Status: Sergey has opened an issue
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3789

ACTION-138 - Draft concrete proposal for 3789
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/138
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0184.html

b) New Attribute keyword to identify 'local' policies
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3721
email from Ashok:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0156.html
Sergey's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0161.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0198.html
Glen's support for Fabian's position:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0199.html

c) ACTION-139: Propose another option 5 for 3789 and 3721, Umit
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/139

8. Web Services 1.5 - Attachment issues

a) Issue [3894]: Definition of equivalence for WSDL 2.0 component model {policy} properties
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0192.html
Asir's message of support:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0193.html
Status from Nov 1: WG members agreed to review this proposal for the F2F meeting.

b) External WS-Policy Attachment to WSDL 2.0 components, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3730
Status: Paul's request for feedback from last week's meeting:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0172.html
Status from Nov 1: Discussion delayed until F2F meeting.

c) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.1 definitions, etc.
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599
Status from Oct 11: deferred a week
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0048.html
Status from Nov 1: Discussion delayed until F2F meeting.

9. Issues with feedback from commenter

a) Levels of indirection for policy references
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3719 (RESOLVED)
Status: email from PaulC to PaulD:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0041.html
PaulD's replys:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/att-0065/00-part
Dan's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0067.html
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0068.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0134.html

10. Last call plans and schedule for Framework and Attachment specifications, Chair

11. Candidate Recommendation testing and exit criteria, Chair

12. Primer issues

a) section 4 of the primer overlaps with the guidelines document, Maryann
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3792
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0213.html

ACTION-140
Make a proposal for 3792 along the lines in message 213 to move and fold the contents of section 4 of the primer in the guidelines document
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/140
Frederick's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0028.html
Note: Frederick's email targets issue 3794 but I believe it should have said 3792.

b) Primer uses an Assertion that does not exist, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3809
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Oct/0216.html
Status from Nov 1: Held over for further F2F discussion.

c) Add example about policies in the context of relationships between multiple entities
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3793
Status from Nov 1: Dependent on issues 3789 and 3721.

d) Detailed review session

13. Guidelines issues and comments

a) Revised Guidelines document, Umit
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0006.html

b) ACTION-133:
Raise issue regarding cross document redundancy issue with Primer and GL... phrase is "opt in" that needs to be looked at

c) Detailed review session

14. Future schedule for Guidelines and Primer

15. Any other business

16. Adjourn

/paulc
Received on Friday, 3 November 2006 15:04:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:43 GMT