W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > August 2006

[VER2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 08 - 2006-08-30

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:32:07 -0400
To: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org, public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OFEC67A535.81915F33-ON852571DA.0049F3AD-852571DA.004FD5EE@us.ibm.com>
Version 2 changes:

- added new issues raised since the initial draft agenda posted

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 08 - 2006-08-30

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG teleconference is
documented on the WG's administrative home page:

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page.   Please register with Zakim:

Teleconference Time and Length (two hours)
Pacific   9 AM - 11 AM
Mountain 10 AM - 12 PM
Central  11 AM -  1 PM
Eastern  12 PM -  2 PM
UK        5 PM -  7 PM
Sri Lanka 9:30 PM - 11:30 PM

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List: (will select one victim in-order from the list below)
      Anthony Nadalin (Aug 30 scribe)
      Monica Martin (Sep 6 scribe)
      Dimitar Angelov
      Sanjiva Weerawarana
      Bijan Parsia
      Seumas Soltysik
      Maryann Hondo
      Toufic Boubez
      Glen Daniels
      Fabian Ritzmann
      Ashok Malhotra
      Sanka Samaranayake
      Ruchith Fernando
      Felix Sasaki
      Daniel Roth
      Charlton Barreto
      Jeffrey Crump
      Tom Jordahl
      Jong Lee
      Asir Vedamuthu
      Ümit Yalçinalp
      Frederick Hirsch
      Dale Moberg
      David Orchard
      Jeff Mischkinsky
      William Henry
      Prasad Yendluri
      Mark Little
      Abbie Barbir
      Yakov Sverdlov

c) Scribe FAQ
Member only:

2. Review and approval of telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2006-08-16 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):

Requested changes:
a) Ümit Yalçinalp, SAP was not recorded as present.
b) William G Henry, IONA was not recorded as present.
c) Sanka Samaranayake, WS02 was not recorded as present.
d) Umit's additional comments:
Status from Aug 23 meeting: Minutes approval pending the above changes.

b) Review and approval of 2006-08-23 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Sep 6 - Paul to chair 

b) Sept. f2f registration is closed

c) Future meetings

4. Editorial team report

5. Review action items, Chair

a) Open action items:
Member only:

6. New issues (through Aug 27) 

Note: each new issue to be presented by the owner for triage purposes 
and to ensure that the other WG members clearly understand the issue. 
Actions will be assigned to develop proposals to resolve the issues.

a) Policy framework should document extensibility points, David Orchard
See also:

b) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.0 definitions, etc. , Ashok

c) The absence of an assertion should not mean that the behavior is 
"explicitly prohibited", Dan Roth

d) Goals section inadequate or unnecessary, Bijan Parsia

e) Better describe policy language capabilities in the Introduction, Yakov
See also:

f) Clarify conversion of compact to normal form in Framework section 4.3, 
Frederick H

g) Coordination item, Maryann Hondo

h) Policy Attachment to WS-Addr EndpointReferences, Glen D

i) Formal semantics, Bijan Parsia

j) Policy assertion equivalence and generality, Bijan Parsia

k) Relation of Attachment to SAWSDL, Bijan Parsia

l) Which policy alternative was selected?, Ashok

m) Need to be able to specify ordering between assertions, Ashok

7. Editorial and wording changing issues (30 minutes)
NOTE: issues discussed on the list will get preferential ordering in the 

a) Clarify the relation of overlapping definitions in the fr...,
Status: Editorial team is working on this issue.
Chair recommendation: Ask the Editors when this item will be completed.

8. Possible out of Scope issues

a) Implementation APIs for WS-Policy should not simply wrap DOM elements, 
Seumas Soltysik
Status from Aug 23 meeting: William offered to check with Seumas on 
whether he agreed this was out of scope.

9. Minor Technical Issues 
NOTE: issues discussed on the list will get preferential ordering in the 

a) Require assertions to be distinguished from parameter elements, 
Frederick http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3549
See also:

b) Add discussion/examples of domain expressions, Ashok
Status: Ashok opened new issue

10. Major Technical Issues 
NOTE: issues discussed on the list will get preferential ordering  in the 

a) Semantics of successful intersection determined by domain-specific 
assertion content, Glen D

b) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances, Umit

11. Any other business

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295
Received on Wednesday, 30 August 2006 15:24:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:38:27 UTC