W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > August 2006

[VER 2] WS-Policy WG Teleconference 05 Agenda 2006-08-09

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:02:18 -0700
Message-ID: <95477102372DFF4FA865817E35DEE005040F3FFB@RED-MSG-11.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Cc: "Christopher B Ferris" <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>

WS-Policy WG Teleconference 05 Agenda 2006-08-09 

[VER 2]
1. Corrected WG member names on all agenda items.
2. Removed duplicate entry for issue 3566.
3. Added Issue 3586 to agenda.
4. Added link for ACTIION-7 re Issue 3561
5. Issue 3556 updated with current status.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG teleconference is 
documented on the WG's administrative home page: 
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone 

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page.   Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html 

Teleconference Time and Length (two hours) 
Pacific   9 AM - 11 AM 
Mountain 10 AM - 12 PM 
Central  11 AM -  1 PM 
Eastern  12 PM -  2 PM 
UK        5 PM -  7 PM 
Sri Lanka 9:30 PM - 11:30 PM 

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair 

a) List of participants: 
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=39293&public=1   

b) Scribe List: (will select one victim in-order from the list below)       
       Mark Little 
       Abbie Barbir 
       Anthony Nadalin         
       Dimitar Angelov 
       Sanjiva Weerawarana         
       Bijan Parsia 
       Yakov Sverdlov 
       Monica Martin 
       Seumas Soltysik 
       Maryann Hondo 
       Toufic Boubez 
       Glen Daniels 
       Fabian Ritzmann 
       Ashok Malhotra 
       Sanka Samaranayake 
       Ruchith Fernando 
       Felix Sasaki 
       Daniel Roth 
       Charlton Barreto 
       Jeffrey Crump 
       Tom Jordahl 
       Jong Lee 
       Asir Vedamuthu 
       Ümit Yalçinalp 
       Frederick Hirsch 
       Dale Moberg 
       David Orchard 
       Jeff Mischkinsky 
       William Henry
       Prasad Yendluri  

c) Scribe FAQ
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0013.html 

2. Review and approval of 2006-08-02 telcon minutes, Chair 
Draft minutes (member only): 
http://www.w3.org/2006/08/02-ws-policy-minutes.html 

3. Future WG meetings, Chair 

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Aug 16 - Chris to chair 

b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings 

4. Working Group drafts, Chair 
WS-Policy 1.5 - Framework:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-ws-policy-20060731/ 
WS-Policy 1.5 - Attachments:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-ws-policy-attach-20060731/ 

a) Editorial team report 
WS-Policy Framework: 
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-framework.html  
WS-Policy Attachment: 
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-attachment.html 

5. Review action items, Chair 

a) Open action items: 
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open 
Status: See various emails sent by the Chair to check action item statuses.

6. Matching policies, Ashok Malhotra
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0093.html
and various replies 

7. Editorial and wording changing issues (30 minutes) 
        
a) Suggested rewording of Introduction to WS-PolicyAttachment, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3556 
Status: Discussed on Aug 2 and we agreed to take to email. 
Asir's position:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0075.html 
Frederick's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Jul/0078.html
Latest update:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0048.html 

b) Remove example of use of domain expressions in section 4.2, Ashok 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3558
Status: No decision at Aug 2 meeting.
 
c) Clarify the relation of overlapping definitions in the fr...,  
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3562 
Status: I think the Editorial team is working on this issue.

d) Modify wording about a Web Service in the Introduction, Yakov 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3563 

e) Remove misleading phrasing of section 1.1 Goals section, Dale  
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3566 

f) WSDL 2.0 status recorded in Attachments 1.5 document, Frederick 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3546 

g) Framework and domain specific policy assertions, Dale 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3565 

h) Suggested rewording of Introduction to WS-PolicyAttachment, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3556 

i) Conformance Sections needed for both specs, Umit 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3559

j) Remove misleading reference to a Requester policy, Yakov
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3586 

8. Minor Technical Issues (30 minutes)

a) Policy Compatibility Check must account for level of Nest..., Prasad 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3553
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0034.html

b) "Policy Alternatives" and "Policy" need proper definition, Prasad 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3554 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0035.html

c) Add discussion/examples of domain expressions, Ashok 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3557 
        
d) Require assertions to be distinguished from parameter elements, Frederick 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3549 

e) Usage of Internationalized Resource Identifiers for W3C W..., Felix 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3561
Status: Awaiting ACTION-7:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/7
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0049.html  
and ACTION-9:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/9  

f) Policy Application to Web services Model description inac..., Prasad 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3552 

9. Major Technical Issues (30 minutes) 

a) should ws-policy-attach permit use of BP1.1 amended extensibility points? Chris F
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3544

b) The framework specification should also enable the usage ..., Umit 
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3560

c) Semantics of successful intersection determined by domain-specific assertion content, Glen D
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3577

d) Normalization should make empty nested policy elements, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3548 

e) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564 

10. Any other business 

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Tuesday, 8 August 2006 16:02:59 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:40 GMT