From: public-ws-policy-interop-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-policy-interop-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doug Davis
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 6:29 AM
To: public-ws-policy-interop@w3.org
Subject: Round 1 testing w/lax+strict

Looking at: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/WS-Policy-Scenarios.pdf?only_with_tag=Release-2-20070501
the round 1 tests don't show how the lax/strict flag is supposed to be sent on the wire.  How should the receiver of the policy (the server)  know whether to do lax or strict intersection?  Can I suggest that we add a soap header to message indicating it:
        <x:mode xmlns:x="http://example.com/ws/2004/09/policy">lax|strict</x>
or something like this?

thanks
-Doug
STSM  |  Web Services Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM T/L 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com