W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org > August 2007

Missing - Guidelines Section 5.6.1 (was FW: Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 50 - 2007-08-15

From: Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:54:20 -0700
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
CC: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, public-ws-policy-eds <public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C9BF0238EED3634BA1866AEF14C7A9E552A72C9915@NA-EXMSG-C116.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Hello Dave,

Reference - Agenda Item 8 c) (see below) Revised substitute text for section 5.6.1, Chris Ferris http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0038.html

At the Dublin F2F, the WG discussed issue 4861 [1] and adopted Chris proposal [2] with some amendments. It appears that Section 5.6.1 disappeared in revision 1.86 [3] and the revision is directly related to issue 4861 [4].

What happened to Chris' text and WG resolution for issue 4861?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/07/18-ws-policy-minutes.html#item11
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0038.html
[3] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-guidelines.html?rev=1.86&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
[4] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-guidelines.html?rev=1.86&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Regards,

Asir S Vedamuthu
Microsoft Corporation

From: member-ws-policy-request@w3.org [mailto:member-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Christopher B Ferris
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 6:23 AM
To: member-ws-policy@w3.org
Subject: Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 50 - 2007-08-15


Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 50 - 2007-08-15

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Prasad Yendluri (Aug 15 scribe)
--------------------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Glen Daniels
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Abbie Barbir
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg
Paul Knight
Yakov Sverdlov
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Toufic Boubez
William Henry
Charlton
Mark Little
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
David Orchard
Dale Moberg
Asir Vedamuthu

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft minutes
http://www.w3.org/2007/08/01-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future meeting schedule and workplan
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jul/0022.html
Note: The next WG meeting is on Aug 22 after the PR comment period closes.

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Published Primer and Guidelines Working Drafts
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-primer-20070810/
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-guidelines-20070810/

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-331 Felix and editors to work to incorporate the test cases in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Jun/0011.html as optional round 5 tests and to record somewhere (homepage or scorecard) the successful results

ACTION-332 Editors to update references section prior to publication as REC. See http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4851
Due: Aug 20.

ACTION-333 Philippe to check with IESG regarding link from media type registration
Due: Aug 17.

ACTION-338 Monica to review section 3.4 and propose changes to example alternatives that would permit an explanation of the compatibility matching at the nested policy level
Status: On Aug 1 this was reported as "in progress".

ACTION-339 Maryann to coordinate drafting new materials on Guidelines for Assertion Authors re UDDI.

ACTION-340 Chris to follow up with Ken to understand what Ken would like to see via this e-mail

ACTION-341 Chris and Paul to include AI-335 proposal (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0038.html) in next agenda
DONE.  See this agenda.

6. Proposed Recommendation issues

a) No outstanding issues

b) Call for Review
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2007JulSep/0003.html
Status: Please remind your AC rep to complete this review.

c) Call for Testimonials
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jul/0019.html
Status: Please ensure that your company is aware of the opportunity to provide a testimonial.

7. Primer Document

a) Latest Working Group draft:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-primer-20070810/

b) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/2a5uwj
Status: No open issues.

8. Guidelines Document

a) Latest Working Group draft:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-policy-guidelines-20070810/

b) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/ywtogs
Status: No open issues.

c) Revised substitute text for section 5.6.1, Chris Ferris
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0038.html

d) ACTION-338 Monica to review section 3.4 and propose changes to example alternatives that would permit an explanation of the compatibility matching at the nested policy level
Status: Pending.

9. Need volunteers - Guidelines section 5.7.1
http://tinyurl.com/yrthry#general-attachment-guidelines
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0042.html
Status as of Aug 10: No volunteers for most of the actions.

ACTION-339 Maryann to coordinate drafting new materials on Guidelines for Assertion Authors re UDDI.

10. Potential issues for WS-Policy Primer and Guidelines
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jul/0047.html

ACTION-340 Chris to follow up with Ken to understand what Ken would like to see via this e-mail

11. W3C Submission: Web Services Policy Attachment for Endpoint Reference (WS-PAEPR)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Aug/0001.html
See also: http://www.w3.org/Submission/2007/03/

12. Adjourn
Received on Sunday, 12 August 2007 02:54:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:04 GMT