W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org > November 2006

Re: Revisiting Editors' Con Call Slot (was RE: agenda for today's policy editors call

From: Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:32:26 +0900
Message-ID: <4563C4CA.40304@w3.org>
To: public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org

Sorry for the late follow up.

David Orchard wrote:
> I have a clash from 12-1:30, so only 2pm works.

2 pm Pacific is 7 am JST which nearly works for me. "nearly" means that
I have to bring our children to their school bus, I'm back around 7:10.

Later is fine as well.

Felix

> 
> Cheers,
> Dave 
> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Asir Vedamuthu [mailto:asirveda@microsoft.com] 
>> Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2006 7:04 PM
>> To: Yalcinalp, Umit; David Orchard; Maryann Hondo; 
>> public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org
>> Subject: Revisiting Editors' Con Call Slot (was RE: agenda 
>> for today's policy editors call
>>
>> Looking back ... On Wednesdays, we (editors) took ownership 
>> of editorial actions from the WG conference call and 
>> completed them by Friday. We delivered editors' drafts to the 
>> WG by Friday (earliest) or Monday (latest). Thus far, this 
>> arrangement has worked very well and we have been on time. 
>> And, this arrangement has been very helpful to the WG. 
>> Furthermore, meeting on Wednesdays helps us minimize the 
>> context switching on WG issues and editorial actions.
>>
>> I suggest that we continue to meet on Wednesdays and look for 
>> a slot that accommodates Umit.
>>
>> Maryann and Frederick are on the east coast. I assume that 
>> their hard stop is 3 PM Pacific; any timeslot (other than 11 
>> AM Pacific) is going to be inconvenient for Felix.
>>
>> Let's consider 3 alternate slots:
>>
>> Wednesday 12 PM Pacific
>> Wednesday 01 PM Pacific
>> Wednesday 02 PM Pacific
>>
>> I am open to meet in any of the above time slots. Editors, 
>> what is your availability?
>>
>> Regards,
>>  
>> Asir S Vedamuthu
>> Microsoft Corporation
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> From: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org 
>> [mailto:public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of 
>> Yalcinalp, Umit
>> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:56 AM
>> To: David Orchard; Maryann Hondo; public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org
>> Subject: RE: agenda for today's policy editors call
>>
>> Folks, 
>>  
>> As you may already know, it is virtually impossible for me to 
>> attend the wednesday meetings due to hard scheduling 
>> requirements from SAP end (team meeting and other external I 
>> can not change on alternating weeks). 
>>  
>> Are you open to changing the editors call slot? 
>>  
>> Alternatively, I would be happy to coordinate with you and to 
>> take on action items as we can agree on email prior or after 
>> the meeting. All I want to know is which action items I can 
>> look at. I am presuming there is an editors to do list? 
>>  
>> Let me know how you want to proceed. 
>>  
>> --umit
>>  
>>  
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> From: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org 
>> [mailto:public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of 
>> David Orchard
>> Sent: Wednesday, Nov 15, 2006 10:41 AM
>> To: Maryann Hondo; public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org
>> Subject: RE: agenda for today's policy editors call Thanks 
>> for organizing this Maryann.
>>  
>> I think I'm supposed to be scribe as I was chair last week 
>> and reporter this week, but I have a hard stop at 11:30 Pacific time..
>>  
>> Cheers,
>> dave
>>
>> ________________________________________
>> From: public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org 
>> [mailto:public-ws-policy-eds-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of 
>> Maryann Hondo
>> Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 8:18 AM
>> To: public-ws-policy-eds@w3.org
>> Subject: agenda for today's policy editors call
>>
>> I believe its my turn to chair the editors meeting since I 
>> was scribe last week. 
>>
>> Welcome to Fred & Umit. 
>> We have generally followed a rotation pattern .....we can 
>> review this on the call. 
>>
>>
>> So, 
>>
>> The primary topic we need to cover is the plan for getting 
>> the Guidelines and Primer documents to the working group. 
>>
>>   
>> Logistics: 
>> Duration: 1hour -  2pm-3pm Eastern
>> Dial-in: See http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/editors#meetings 
>>   
>> Zakim------- The code is 3348 (617-761-6200) 
>> IRC----------------#ws-policy-eds 
>>
>>
>> Proposed Agenda: 
>>   
>> 1. Administrative 
>>
>>
>> review the rotation.....add in umit & fred 
>>   
>>     a. This week's arrangements: 
>>        Chair -Maryann 
>>        Scribe - ?? 
>>        Regrets: 
>>       
>>   
>>   b.Editorial Team Report: will be delivered by Dave O (yes?) 
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-eds/2006N
>> ov/0051.html 
>>
>>   c. Last call's Minutes: 
>> http://www.w3.org/2006/11/09-ws-policy-eds-minutes.html 
>>   
>> 2. Open Editors Action Items (status Review): 
>> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicyeds/actions/open 
>>           
>> 3.The primary topic we need to cover is the plan for getting 
>> the Guidelines and Primer documents to the working group. 
>> 4. NEW Editorial Actions from this week's WG Conference Call 
>>   
>> 5. AOB? 
>>
>> Maryann 
>>   
>>   
>>
> 
Received on Wednesday, 22 November 2006 03:32:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:59 GMT